Lead Developer – PHP / jQuery / Open Source Full Stack – £35k – £55k, Shoreditch
Full-time permanent position
This role will suit someone who enjoys working as part of a small team, with other experienced developers & designers. We have a relaxed, non-corporate environment while being committed to high-quality work and professional standards, using open source software.
Our typical projects involve innovative web and mobile applications for a variety of clients, and we also have our own CMS which we would like our new developer to move on to the next level.
Your technical skills and experience are important, but we are also looking for someone who values the open source philosophy.
You may have been working for yourself, and are now seeking a role with a regular income in a suitably like-minded organisation, where the sales admin and accounting are looked after by someone else; or you may be looking for work in a smaller, less corporate, environment.
You will need the following skills:
- Object-oriented PHP (PHP 7+)
- Version control / Git
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Testing procedures & QA
Ideally, you will also have some experience in the following areas:
- Mobile app development – this could be Titanium or React Native, or native code such as Swift 4 (C#) & Android equivalent
- React JS
- Programming plugins for open source CMSs such as Joomla, WordPress or Magento
We are seeking the following personal attributes:
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Calm personality to deal with problems that arise in times of occasional crisis …
- Ability to build and deploy efficiently
- Comfortable working to deadlines, with the ability to simply explain problems to non-tech users
- Ability to contribute to new tech discussions and work with other people’s ideas
- Good attention to detail when following designs & specifications
- … and a sense of humour is always helpful!
If you think that you would suit the role please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE